American Waste Control picks up on all major holidays with the exception of Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
For additional questions regarding holiday pickups please call our customer service department at (918) 582-1147 for residential customers and (918) 446-0023 for commercial customers.
If the holiday falls on a weekday during the weeks of New Year’s, Thanksgiving, or Christmas, the pick-up schedule will shift one day for the holiday and all the following days that week to accommodate the disruption in scheduling.
For example, if a holiday falls on a Monday:
- Those with Monday collection will receive service on Tuesday.
- Those with Tuesday collection will receive service on Wednesday
- Those with Wednesday collection will receive service on Thursday
- Those with Thursday collection will receive service on Friday
- Those with Friday collection will receive service on Saturday
We will keep our regular trash schedule service on other holidays, including Martin Luther King Jr Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, and New Year’s Eve.
American Waste Control commercial department will observe Christmas on Monday, December 26th, commercial routes will not run on Monday, December 26th.
If your trash pickup day falls on Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s Day missed pickup will be made up either the day before or the day after the regular day.