Ever have that one group of people at your company that doesn’t seem to get enough credit? Well, that’s how it is with our shop mechanics and welders. Not enough can be said about them. They really are the backbone of our company and the key piece of the puzzle when it comes to our top-notch customer care and service.
Did you know…American Waste Control manages a fleet of over 100 collection vehicles and thousands of roll off, front end, compactor, Tulsa dumpsters, and curbside containers, making us one of the best equipped waste collection companies in Tulsa? And, they’re all taken care of by a team of mechanics and shop professionals…who are the best-qualified mechanics and welders in the state.
Here are some other facts you may not know:
- Our shop works 24 hours a day, in 2 shifts, 6 days per week!
- Our mechanics keep our 135 fleet of rolling stock hauling trash and recyclables throughout Green Country.
- We do all our mechanical work ourselves, from tires, to transmissions, front end, rear, mechanical, electrical, diagnostics, PMs…we do it all in house.
- We have trucks on the road that are brand-new and some with over 2,000,000 miles – that’s how AWESOME our shop is!
- Our shop always knows what jobs need to be done—based on the pre-trip and post trip write ups our drivers do every day.
Above all, we do a heck of a job staying safe and compliant to all state and federal regulations. Our OSHA Recordable Incident Rate (RIR) is significantly lower than the industry average and distinguishes us as a leading-edge company dedicated to the safety and efficiency of our daily operations.
So, the next time you see an American Waste Control truck on the road, keep in mind the effort that goes into keeping our fleet motoring and equipment maintained. What you see is all because of our incredible mechanics and shop workers. Day and night they work to keep our trucks ship shape, and, lay it on the line everyday for our team.
Thank you shop for a job well done!
- Make A Difference This Earth Day
- Here’s Why You Might Need A Dumpster and How to Understand Sizing
- What Sets AWC Apart from the Rest
- Landfill’s Electricity Helps Keep Lights On At School
- 4 Ways To Celebrate Earth Day With Your Family
- 5 Reasons to Hire a Commercial Trash Service That’s Locally Owned
- Oklahoma Traffic Law Aims at Protecting Waste and Recycling Workers
- Tulsa Humane Society Intake Crisis Prompts Response from AWC